Are you having problems finding a good beauty salons or hair stylist? I hope you find this article is helpful. Let’s start with a story that I’m sure everyone can relate to:
I wiill never ever forget how embarrassed I was when I left the beauty salon with my also embarrassed husband in tow, skulking all the way through a mall just to get to our car and hide… I couldn’t get out there quick enough! I immediately went home and washed my hair and did it again and again. Cut, colour and the styling was a complete disaster! It was my first visit to this new beauty salon. I thought I had asked her the right questions such as, “Is there an experienced stylist there with a lot of experience working with natural curly hair?” Of course she replied “Yes.” I learned that the person with experience had just left school and this was her first job!
Does this sound familiar to you? As a client, we expect to leave the beauty salon with a smile on our face, feeling beautiful and all excited about our experience. It’s my hope that similar circumstances can be stopped with a few tips:
– If you like someone else’s hair, stop and ask them the name of their beauty salon and stylist.
– Is the salon easy to get to from home or work?
– Enquire if the stylists have experience with your type of hair. For example, is your hair long, curly or straight?
– Read reviews on the internet of salons in your local area.
– How did you feel when you entered the beauty salon? Were you greeted right away? Is the salon clean and inviting? Do they seem happy in there?
– Are the staff dressed appropriately? Check their hair out, do they take care of it?
– I would suggest taking photos of the style you like to your hairdresser. There are also hairstyle magazines in all hairdressers for you to check out.
– Does the stylist talk to you and ask you what you would like and offer ideas?
– Does the stylist talk about shampoos, conditioners or special treatments that would improve the health of your hair?
– Now you’re all ready for “the look.” Does the stylist give you the information you’ll need on how to maintain that style once you leave the hairdressers?
If you can answer most of the questions to your satisfaction, then you’ve probably found a beauty salon and a hair stylist that will make you look fabulous and feel great. If not, do some research, read reviews and visit a few salons. There is a brilliant hair stylist waiting for you!