Let’s face it; we would all love to know what celebrity skin care routine our favourite actress or singer is using, but before you get all disappointed and concerned, it is best to remember that most of the photographs we see in magazines have been airbrushed and touched up. If you and I were exposed to a top to toe makeover courtesy of some of the best beauty therapists in the world, we would look great like a celebrity. Skin care can be expensive and our role models probably pay more for their cosmetics than we spend on our mortgage or cars.
You don’t need expensive products. You just need to embrace a new skin care routine and maybe a new diet.
Here are a few tips.
1) Eat a healthy diet. Starving yourself or faddy diets will not give you the greatest skin. We need good fats i.e. omega 3 and 6 to keep our skin in good condition.
2) Stop smoking. With the latest laws stopping smoking in a lot of public places, this does make life much easier for you to stop.
3) Cut any addictive behaviour like alcohol, sugary drinks and caffeine. If you cut down on these, it will make your skin feel and look healthier.
4) Try to drink more tea, green tea, chamomile, oolong tea and other herbal teas are all great for your skin and body.
5) Eat your berries and I don’t just mean strawberries. Increase your intake of blackberries, blueberries, cherries, cranberries and raspberries.
6) Eat nuts including pecans, walnuts and hazelnuts.
7) Instead of cooking with salt, add spices to your food for flavour and extra nutrients. Skin loves oregano and cinnamon.
8) If you have the space, grow your own sprouts. They are simple to grow and they are proven to provide more nutrients than a lot of common vegetables.
9) Add watercress to your salads. Although it doesn’t look a lot, this tiny plant is full of vitamin A and C … no wonder a lot of celebs like to drink watercress soup!
10) Have a facial! Go on, treat yourself. Ok you may not have a celebrity budget but you can act the part for a day or even a weekend at your local spa. Relax and appreciate having someone pamper you all day long.
11) As you know, most famous celebs enjoy their holiday but take note that they are always carry sun hats and sunglasses. This may be for protection against the paps but it is probably the damage from the sun’s rays that they are more worried about.
When it comes to celebrity skin care, disregard most of what you read. Eating one food all day long does NOT give you great skin. Fasting and dieting to resemble a malnourished child is also not a suggested skin care solution.